Chinese Sweet and Sour Soup
- Chicken breast, ¼ lb thinly sliced
- Fresh shitake mushrooms, 2 ozs
- Chinese soy sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Beef broth, 8 ounces
- Rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon
- Sugar, 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice, 1 teaspoon
- Corn starch, 1 and ½ teaspoons
Ok, mix the cornstarch with twice as much water, then the soy sauce and beef broth. Add that all to a saucepan and heat up over medium heat to a boil. Add the chicken (which should be really thinly sliced and given a light sprinkle with some sea salt) and the mushrooms, vinegar, sugar, and lemon juice.
Give that about 5 minutes on medium low, then you're done. I swear to you, even if that date is from mainland China, you'll kick ass. Just don't talk politics or religion. Or chemistry or calculus (since most of them will run circles you and I, my friend).