Hot and Cold Tomato Soup
- Plum Tomatoes, about 6-8, pureed
- Sour Cream, ¼ cup
- Shallots, 1/3 cup, finely chopped
- Basil, 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Butter, 3 tablespoons
- Chili pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon
- White wine, dry (like a Sauvignon Blanc), about 1/3 cup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Hot and Cold, get it? Yeah, yeah, I know
.too cool for school.
Anyway, heat up the butter to medium-high in a 3-4 qt saucepan. When melted and hot, add shallots and stir until fairly translucent. Then, add basil, chili flakes, salt and pepper and cook for another couple minutes. Finish with white wine.
Stir in the pureed tomatoes until it bubbles, remove from heat and chill in the fridge for at least a couple hours.
Once it cools, add the sour cream, serve baby!