Brine (a marinade for poultry)
- Water, 1 cup
- kosher or sea salt, 3 tablespoons
- brown sugar, 2 tablespoons
- juices of lemons, limes, and maybe tangerines (one each)
- fresh rosemary, sprig or 1 tablespoon chopped
- thyme, 1-2 teaspoons chopped
- sage, 1-2 teaspoons chopped
If you want to cook/roast poultry, especially turkey au natural, but want it really tender and moist......
...and who *wouldn't* want it tender and moist?!?...
then get together as many of the above ingredients and let it sit overnight in either a bowl, pot, or zip-lock freezer bag.
Then, wipe that bad boy down, smother with butter or oil, stuff the cavity with citrus and herbs, then roast.